THE CosyUP Campaign
In 2021 the emphasis was on “fun and warmth“ but still separate. The campaign was called the CosyUP Campaign. Packs were prepared of items like beanies, scarves, drawing books, crayons and toys. The philosophy that adopted was ... “to get warmth one must give warmth!“ As if to add impetus to the initiative the Cape 2021 winter particularly cold and damp!
Both the 2020 and 2021 initiatives involved the community to collect the quantities necessary for +/- 3000 recipients. Groups proficient in knitting were hard pressed to supply some of the items necessary, schools were invited to collect items and the social groups were galvanised into action. In addition sponsorship donations appeals were sought.
As has happened so frequently... Capetonians came up trumps! Caring and sharing pulses through the community.
Donations for 2022 Bags
Give Warmth to members of the community with intellectual disabilities. We are calling for donations of the bare necessities, the things we take for granted in our everyday life that will light up the lives of these folks:
- Socks, beanies, scarves;
- Packets of soup, coffee or hot chocolate, tea bags, sugar and milk powder;
- Rice, instant mealie meal porridge, packets of dry beans, beef cubes, packets of noodles;
- Soap, face cloths, small hand towels, toothbrushes, toothpaste; and
- Small soft toys.
One To One is a community-based project that's been running for just under 40 years and had held 2 projects under COVID-19 restrictions. It is a unique example of community cooperation involving people from across greater Cape Town, both in size and impact. It hosts in excess of 3,000 intellectually disabled people at the annual fair, but this year, it seeks to treat those 3,000 individuals to a cosier winter.
The Cape Town community has shown over the last 40 years of supporting One-to-One that it is a caring community: we believe to get warmth, one should give warmth.
You can drop off your donation at any of the following points:
1) Stephanie @ Gardens Shul office (021 465 140)
2) Albert Glass @ 501 Migdal, 7 Worcester Rd, Sea Point (Mondays to Thursdays after 18:00 021 434 9315)
3) Chanel Glass @ 314 Arena North, Royal Ascot, 29 Grand National Boulevard, Milnerton ( leave at security point)
4) Harriet Hoffman @ Welcome In, 3 Alma Rd, Claremont (Thursdays ONLY between 18:00-20:00 - 082 499 3082
5) CJSA branches:
7 Bellevue Road, Sea Point (Monday to Friday 08:30 – 16:00)
106A Pringle Road, Milnerton (Monday to Friday 08:30 – 16:00)
Temple Israel Wynberg, 5 Salisbury Road (Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 16:00)
You can also make a monetary donation using the SnapScan QR code here: